General Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to applicants, who make use of the services offered by First Step Abroad - Student Travel and Placements CC. Please note that for services offered by other service providers (car rental agencies, tour operators, etc.), the general terms and conditions of the respective service provider apply. The contracting parties are individuals (referred to hereafter as "applicant(s)") applying for an internship or a volunteer project (referred to hereafter as "placement(s)") offered by First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC).
- The placement agreementshall come into effect once the applicant has been successfully placed for an internship or a volunteer project by First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC. The placement is successful when the applicant has accepted the offered placement and paid the service fee. After receipt of payment, applicants will receive an internship contract or a confirmation letter from the specific project or organisation.
- The service feeis payable once the applicant has accepted the offered placement. The services included in the placement fee can be viewed on the website of First Step Abroad - Student Travel and Placements CC (firststepabroad.com). Not included in the fees are e. g. travel expenses, medical and travel insurance, visa costs, transport costs and accommodation (if not stated otherwise).
- The placement descriptionsresult from the information provided by organisations and companies taking on volunteers or interns and may change at short notice. First Step Abroad - Student Travel and Placements CC reserves the right to make changes or updates at short notice.
- In the case of cancellation, i. e. should the applicant recede from the volunteer project or internship, the placement fee is not refundable. First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC reserves the right to refund a part of the placement fee if the applicant may not be able to start the volunteer project or internship through no fault of his/her own.
- A cancellation of services offered by other providers(such as accommodation, car rental, day trips, safaris, etc.) is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective provider. First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC assumes no liability for any cancellation costs that may arise.
- Changing the internship or volunteer position is only possible if the detailed requirements of the internship or volunteer confirmation are not met. First Step Abroad - Student Travel and Placements CC is willing to mediate between the applicant and the respective host organisation or company, but is, however, not bound to do so. Should the problems between the applicant and the host organisation or company not be solved, First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC can assist in finding a new placement at its discretion. However, the application for a new volunteer project or internship is subject to availability and requirements, thus the success of the application cannot be guaranteed.
- Limitation of liability: Applicants shall be liable for any damage caused by themselves. Any activities during their stay are undertaken at the applicant's own risk. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have adequate health, liability and accident insurance for the duration of their stay. First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC is not liable for events that are not in its field of responsibility, unless in the event of gross intention or negligence. Furthermore, First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC repudiate liability for damages caused by third parties, in particular by traffic, crime or life risks. Should the applicant violate the law and is in need of legal advice, First Step Abroad – Student and Travel Placements CC may assist in obtaining legal help, however, the applicant will be liable for all costs.
- The application for a valid visa and the compliance with immigration regulationsis the responsibility of the applicant. Any costs resulting from non-compliance with entry regulations, flight cancellation or delays with the issuing of a visa will be the financial responsibility of the applicant
- Place of jurisdiction is the Republic of South Africa. The laws of the Republic of South Africa apply.
- Severability clause. In the event that any terms or conditions herein shall, for any reason, be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceability shall not affect any other terms or conditions of this contract.